Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, November 20, 2020

Box Food Sketch

 When we sketch from life, it is hard to find new items to sketch unless you get out of the house. The item on the Scavenger Hunt list, food in a box, gave me some leeway.   I sketched in the big book with a Micron 02.  It was really one of the homework type sketches where I was just getting it done.  It took about 15 minutes.  I'm trying to finish the big book.

For Scavenger Hunt 656

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-656-nov-15-23-2/

Number 2, food in a box - I hadn't seen, uh noticed, Teddy Grahams in years.  I always liked the chocolate ones and they didn't disappoint this time either.  I added the Wholly Guacamole to my sketch as well.  It comes in single servings, 6 in the box.  I like the spicy but will try plain the next time.

We are still not in a good routine at home.  I wonder what it will take to get us back on track?  Maybe Jennie's birthday will do the trick.  We will celebrate on Thanksgiving.  No turkey, the birthday girl has requested BBQ Pork Ribs.  Sounds yummy to me.

Enjoy the time you get with family or friends.  Looks like the vaccine is on the way.  Fouci says, "The cavalry is coming, but you don't quit fighting when the cavalry is on the way."  So we will social distance, wash hands and wear masks when out and about.

Missing 

  • having fun
  • live music ...  on line is not the same.   
  • being with friends
  • conversing with strangers
  • eating out with folks having a good time
  • loss of freedom to roam
  • seeing my artist friends
  • seeing you.... 


6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Don't think I ever had Teddy Grahams, but they look appealing. I think it is hard to get back to normal after a trip, especially in these crazy times which are not "normal." We are staying home for Thanksgiving...just the two of us. We will Zoom with some of the family. It is safer this way! Wish Jennie a Happy Birthday and enjoy the ribs.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I hope you and Jerry have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I'm glad we can be together. Our friends in Oregon are not so lucky ... they could be arrested the Governor says. Yep, taking a few people and putting them in jail with more exposed people is a great idea. Anyway, hugs, take care.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo "Teddy Grahams" is a fun subject. I haven't had these for year. Hope your barbecued ribs were good dear one. We had turkey and all the trimmings...naturally I indulged . Yes we still need to keep fighting and protecting each other. Thank you for your visits to my blog. It is always a pleasure to have you stop by. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, I had forgotten the Teddy Grahams as well. They are a nice way to just have 3 or 4 of the little cookies to get a chocolate fix, especially with some coffee. Sounds like a good Thanksgiving for you. We did too well on the food.

Bag Blog said...

I remember the first time I had Teddy Grahams. We were with a family who had a small child. The mom handed me the box of TGs to give to the child. I tried one too. I could have eaten the whole box. Everyone laughed at me for eating the child's food. I don't buy TGs because I would just eat them all - all the time.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I completely understand. I eat regular graham crackers all the time but just had to get some of the chocolate TGs when I saw them. Memories.... I probably bought them for our kids the first time years ago. I eat a few to get my chocolate fix. Today we have left over birthday cake. It is an old recipe from a friend in Denver. I'll post it in my blog. Very chocolate.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)