Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, September 06, 2020

Hunts Overlapping

 Scavenger Hunt 646 came and went so fast.  I sketched in the big book for item number 6, pen or quill.  I don't think there was ever a quill pen in our house.

Number 6, pen or quill - I sketched the big cup of pens and pencils on my desk.  The mug came through the fire and has glass and junk stuck all over it.  The finish is very damaged.  It was mostly blue I think.  I added the Lamy ink pen at the last minute.  Sketches bring on the memories.  Micron 02  I did this on the last day of the Hunt.
 

Scavenger Hunt 647 started on Friday.  I sketched this morning on the porch in the big book with the Micron 02.  The nib is wearing out and I have to hold it almost upright to use it.

Number 1, something you haven't drawn before - I don't think I've drawn these little clear salsa cups.  We used them yesterday to hold our bean counters for a game of Telefunken, a type of progressive rummy I learned in Bolivia.  We had fun playing.  Joanna won 5 of the 7 hands so it we would have played for money, she would have raked it all in.
Number 2, something you can hold in your hand - a new mini  handmade sketchbook.  A gift from Joanna.  

We usually celebrate Gene's and my birthdays with our Texas bunch when we get back from New Mexico because we are traveling on our birthdays.  We decided have the day yesterday for both, even though we are here.  It's been hard to get together on the actual birthdays with this crazy virus.

Gene cooked his famous brisket and I made a German Chocolate cake which is a tradition for Gene's birthday.  Because of travel I hadn't made one for quite a while. 
 
My set up for my sketch today so you see the cups and sketchbook.


Larry took a photo of the dinner table.  No photo of the cake.  It didn't look great but turned out pretty well.  We decided to forego ice cream as all of us are trying not to eat so much.  It was a cheat day all around anyway.


Hope you are all having a great Labor Day weekend.  Happy day to all the workers!


6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

What a colorful display of your dinner!!! Sounds like a great time. Happy Birthday to you and Gene!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Joan,
Thanks, we did have a great time. Because we are usually out of town on our birthdays they seem to carry on for a month. Still fun ... maybe too much sometimes.

Bag Blog said...

Looks like a happy birthday celebration! I love the table cloth. Toby and I try to eat less. Then we reward ourselves with a bit of ice cream :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you so much. The tablecloth is from Bolivia. No fading, wash many times. Your eating sounds like ours.

Joanna said...

That brisket was so tasty! I don't think I'd every been that lucky in a tame of Telefunken. That was something else!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, your dad did great on the brisket. We all ate it up pretty quickly. You did have a good day at Telefunken. :-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)