Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, August 02, 2020

Cherries in Dust - Pastel sketch

Pastels are a most addictive medium.  It is good to play in the dust.  Maybe drawing and painting at the same time is one of the main attractions, at least for me.  I like the once and done. They are easy to correct for the most part.  Other painting media requires washes, waiting for paint to dry, etc.

I wiped off the paper where I had painted the cup and wine glass a few days ago. Then I brushed it with water to get an under painting.  Another advantage to good pastel paper and boards.  The ellipses need work but for a quick study I am pleased with this.


My Turn, pastel on UArt sanded paper, about 12 x 9 inches

Number 6 sweet - cherries
Number 7 squishy or soft - cream cheese dip
Number 8 open container - small Pyrex casserole
Number 9 hard - small butter knife

The paper after wiped and water brushed.

You can click on "Instruction" at the bottom of my post for more info on pastel painting.  Also the search box at the top left of my blog.  I have a few hints on the Video/Demo tab at the top as well.  I'm always available to answer questions.  My phone and e-mail are here on this page, too.  I will reply to your comments.   Keep in touch.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have dusted off some old paintings and will give them new life. Ha! Well, we will see. I love the cherries!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, happy to inspire dusting! Thanks on the cherries. See ya.

Joanna said...

The cherries look good enough to eat!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, thank you. The cherries were good to eat! Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)