Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, July 03, 2020

Summer Hunting Sketch

Summer is here with 100+ degrees F.  these days.  We try to utilize the porch as much as we can so we were out there this morning about 7:00 a.m. before the sun gets high.

I sketched in the big book with a Micron 02.  How many times have I said that?  I'll eventually finish the book and you will read something new.


Number 1, pillar
Number 2, flower
Number 3, junction

The pillar is part of the roof of the porch.  The roof is part of the house roof, not added on.  We put the screened in porch inside the pillar to make it easier to complete.  There is an angle there in the corner which I didn't quite get, but hopefully you get the idea.  The lights under the roof and the plant hangs on the wooden support of the screened in porch not on the pillar.

The flower I sketched the other day on my iPad.  I got two, this white one and a red one.

The junctions are all the ones on the roof and porch.  Difficult angles for me to capture.  Especially with no pencil sketch.  I try to sketch freehand.  I'm fairly pleased with this sketch.

I haven't made anymore headway straightening up my studio.  Is this the day?

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Ha ha. Did you make some headway? :-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo I had to smile when you spoke of your big sketchbook. I have one I am filling also. Seems like I will never finish it :)! I think you did a wonderful job with sketching a scene from your porch.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, Sigh, it was not the day! We walked, I straightened up the house a bit and we went to Austin to pick up your dad's trike. I always have plenty of excuses or reasons. :-)

Debbie, thank you so much. I have been working on the book for several years, now.

Bag Blog said...

Someway I missed this post the other day. Toby would love to have a screened in porch - a sleeping porch. Maybe. I'm not sure, but if dirt and critters can get in, I'm out. It's bad enough that they are in my house.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, the porch is great. No critters, but of course there is dust and pollen. It's not good sleeping in the summer here. We used to do it in New Mexico when I was a kid. I loved going to one of the ranches where my folks worked and sleep on the porch.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)