Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Holiday Sketches

Yep, it's a holiday here.  At least for me.  My brain is on holiday, but not sure where!

The numbers on the sketches are way off. I had three items done and started this page on #3.  They are all in the big book so the previous sketch was right there to check.  Not to worry, though.  At least I did some sketching.

Branch and seed pod - pine cones
Leaf
Round

Interactive - Gene working on his computer (not from a photo on the computer)

Tree
Shed

I sketched out on the porch.  It has been warm in the mornings, around 80 degrees F. but with the fan on, not bad!

***  **  ***  **  ***

I thought you might like to see how some of my paintings are arranged around the house.  I just moved some around.

This is in the hallway between the kitchen and living room.  The painting on your left is a pastel by Regina Burchett, painting friend.  The others are mine. The two on the right and bottom are oils and the other three are pastels.  They have museum glass so not much glare.



This wall faces the kitchen in the same hall.  I see them from the kitchen. 

The first little one is an oil painting I did.  It is a church, not a house.  The next is a watercolor by Lou Baggett, painting friend, of a store in Peru near Machu Picchu.  Middle row is a pastel by Jesse Baggett, we traded paintings in Red River last summer at the paint out.  Middle is a pastel by Lou Baggett, from a house in Equador as I recall.  The next watercolor is by Lou of New Mexico houses, this was a replacement for one that burned in the fire.  Bottom left water is also by Lou.  The right is an acrylic painting by Carolee S. Clark of houses in Chile.  I bought that on the internet.  She was painting from Google Maps.  Fun.



My goal in this arrangement was to have all houses.  I have a couple more to frame from Regina and Sue Modrak.  I had a collection in the other house of houses from all over.  This new wall is a similar idea.


This was the wall in my kitchen at the other house.  Some from Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Salvador, Chile, Bastrop, New Mexico, and more.  More fun.

***  **  ***  **  ***

An artist friend from wetcanvas, Kathy Sieloff, lives in Arizona and does the most beautiful cactus blooms, horses, etc., in colored pencil and graphite.   Have a look and sign up for her newsletter to see her new work.

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Your painting arrangements look great. Thanks for sharing mine and Jesse's. I love that painting by Carolee S. Clark - lots of fun.

My brain is on holiday too.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, maybe our minds got together some place. We should get together and look for them. :-) Carolee has a very unique style. I audited a class on Xanadu where she was the artist in training. You can read about that class here
https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/two-winners.html

Joan Tavolott said...

It is fun to see your arrangements of the paintings. You really have a lot of them hanging. Nice!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. We have more, of course. Just not in arrangements. :-)
We have more of my work here since I haven’t been showing as much. Better hanging than on the floor.

Jennifer Rose said...

all the framed art looks lovely hung up :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you so much. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)