Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, June 19, 2020

Why Olives?

The Scavenger Hunt list for #637 is an alphabetical list.  I made this list as host.  We have 26 items to sketch in 9 days.  If I make an alphabetized list there are 26 items automatically and I don't have to count.  That is if I remember my alphabet.  Olive is the item for "O".  I saw this can of olives at H*E*B, our grocery store.  It is so colorful and I do like to eat them so makes sense.

I sketched in the coffee table book with a Micron 02 fine line marker/pen and used watercolors on the can of olives.


Number 2, olive or olive green - can of black olives
Number 3, whistle - a poor sketch of Gene whistling with his fingers.  He can't whistle like that so I will use that as an excuse for my bad sketch.  It is in the big book so there to stay.  Argh.....

It is a beautiful day with beautiful clouds.  No sign of rain, though. 
This is out the laundry room porch.




And our flag and mailbox.  I need to paint the mailbox itself.  It is rusty and very sad looking.

Today I'm saluting our men and women in Blue.  Thank you for your service and sacrifice.  Stay safe out there.

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

"Whistling with his fingers" threw me for a minute, but the sketch made it clear. Sometimes my brain works in odd ways.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Joanna can whistle with her fingers so loud. We use her to call in the kids or get folks attention! She's loud with it at the baseball games. I used to do OK but when I fell and cut my lip that stopped any whistling at all. Dang! Hugs.

Bag Blog said...

whistling with your fingers reminded me of signing with your mouth full. That's how my brain works.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you are right. It does seem like that. Your granddaughter was so cute, for the readers (few as they are) she said she couldn't sign with her mouth full. I'm smiling.

Jennifer Rose said...

I can't whistle, could before I pierced my tongue, could while it was pierced but can't know with it gone lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, we now have a strange thing in common. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)