Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Wheels and One - You Need a Professional Photographer

Remember back when we were sketching one word song titles?   Today (I wrote this on May 7)  I sketched Wheels and One.  I sat out on the porch and sketched while Gene worked on his computer.  I was going to sketch him for people  but I have done that sketch many times.  The sketches never look much like him so ...  new subjects.  His walker was sitting there and I haven't sketched it before.  I used my iPad with the app, Brushes, and Apple Pencil.


________________________________________________________


I have been artist friends with Kay Smith for a few years on wetcanvas.  She is a wonderful artist and paints just about every day.  Her main medium is watercolor, but she uses other media and her watercolors are done in a variety of techniques.  We have talked on the phone, but not in person.  We drive through Big Spring going to New Mexico but when I've had time to get in touch with her she has been in New Mexico but south of where we go.   One of these days we will connect in person.  You can see her work on her blog and from there go to her website.  Have fun.

https://kaysmithbrushworks.blogspot.com/
Kay Smith, Big Spring, TX


________________________________________________________


Life is hard on us old folks.  Just when I have something figured out along comes change.  My new website is different, they are changing wetcanvas and Blogger.  All about the same time.  Yikes!

We did sneak out to breakfast twice this week.  We are supposed to stay home as the elderly.   I was wondering if we would be carded .  Nope!  We got to eat in peace and enjoy being waited on.  Well, while separated and being careful.  Most of our favorite places are take out only.  I'm pretty sure our Texas Grill is open because they seat over 100 people easily so at 25% occupancy they can have quite a few tables.  Other places are too small to go to such low occupancy and spread people out.  There were about 8 people the first time and 20 or so yesterday.

They are open for breakfast and lunch so not sure if the employees work enough hours to get unemployment  If they did get unemployment it is probably more than they make normally.  I feel for those folks.  We are so fortunate to be retired and have income as are most of our family or they could work from home.

Our son Larry is one of those that has fallen through the cracks.  Self employed and does mostly sports photography.  I featured Larry in my newsletter.  Sign up for my news on my website and you will receive notice of my new art first with perks for signing up.  Check out the letter with Larry's info in my most recent post.  You need a professional photographer - really!
https://www.jocastilloart.com/newsletter-archive
or just visit his website.
http://www.larrycastillophotography.com/


4 comments:

hmuxo said...

You did an amazing job on the sketch of the wheel chair. I wouldn't know how to do sketches on an I-pad.
I looked on your son Larry's website... his photography is outstanding. My granddaughter is taking photography in college and its amazing to see her work.
STAY SAFE.

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, thank you so much. I'm not sure sketching on digital helps my sketching. More learning the program than sketching. Fun sometimes as a break.
Larry is a great photographer. Hope he will be working more soon, his favorite is sports photography.

Bag Blog said...

I like Kay Smith's art. She seems fun and innovative with her mediums.

I blogged about dining out, too. It is not easy here in Duncan.

Larry is so talented. I have seen some grants to help artist who make their living like Larry. I haven't paid much attention to them because Toby makes our living while I just play :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Kay is fun. She is in the Southwest forum on wetcanvas. (Which is crazy at the moment, they moved the website to a word press thing, a learning curve for all of us)
Eating out is one of our favorite pass times so we are not happy campers at the moment. Ha.
Larry has applied for some of the grants, etc. He didn't qualify for unemployment but they changed the rules a bit in Texas and I think he tried again, but the system is overwhelmed. Hopefully he will find something he can do in the meantime. Back to customer service.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)