Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sketching Songs

I'm the host for Scavenger Hunt 631.  Looking for something different I found one word song titles.  The list is therefore, sketching songs.

Here is the list:

Tequila -*The Champs*- 1958
Butterfly -*Andy Williams*- 1957
Lollipop -*The Chordettes*- 1958
Hair -*The Cowsills*- 1969
Ruby -*Richard Hayman*- 1953

Reflections -*Diana Ross and the Supremes*- 1967
Wheels -*The String-A-Longs*- 1961
People -*Barbra Streisand*- 1964
Something -*The Beatles*- 1969
Java -*Al Hirt*- 1964

Pipeline -*The Chantays*- 1963
Tiger -*Fabian*- 1959
Things -*Bobby Darin*- 1962
One -*Three Dog Night*- 1969
Flamingo -*Earl Bostic*- 1952

Rainbow -*Russ Hamilton*- 1957
Mockingbird -*Inez Foxx*- 1963
Wanted -*Perry Como*- 1954
Sherry -*The 4 Seasons*- 1962
Honey -*Bobby Goldsboro*- 1968

Delicado -*Percy Faith*- 1952
Calcutta -*Lawrence Welk*- 1961
Cherish -*The Association*- 1966
Downtown -*Petula Clark*- 1965
Jambalaya -*Jo Stafford*- 1951
He -*Al Hibbler*- 1955



You are welcome to sketch along with us or look them up and listen.  There are some songs on the list that I don't remember.  "He" or "One" for instance.  I will look them up and see if I remember the song, but not the name. 

You may substitute any item with something similar or related.  We sketch from life, so if you are not seeing a rainbow you are free to do something in rainbow colors or a sculpture, etc.  We don't use photos unless the item is "a photo" or "picture in a Magazine".  "Jambalaya" could be another food or seasoning you use in Jambalaya or a souvenir from Louisiana.  You can almost sketch anything and make it fit, right?

In my sketch today I picked "Tequila" and "Sherry".  I thought we had some sherry but no.  I substituted Four Roses Bourbon.  This sketch is in the big book with a Micron 02.  I did not sketch in pencil first as you might suspect.  The tequila looks like it has had one shot too many.



Number 1 - tequila
Number 2 - sherry, sub Four Roses Bourbon

** I did look up He and One and of course I had heard of both, just didn't remember the names.  You see the songs are from 1969 and earlier so I should have heard them!



3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I Googled "lyrics to the song One" and it came up with some song called "One" that I did not know by three different people/groups. I had been thinking of the song, "One is the Loneliest Number" so I looked that up too. It is by Three Dogs Night. I was thinking Beatles. Anyway, good choices for sketches.

Joan Tavolott said...

LOL You are right. With a list like this it is possible to make almost anything fit one of the songs. Have fun! Thanks for the phone call...sorry I missed you. I keep meaning to call you back but get sidetracked so easily these days. Will definitely call you soon.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Interesting how many songs there are. Those were the songs of my time. Should have known them all. One of the Scavengers made us a play list on Spotify so we can listen and sketch. Ha. I'll post it later.

Joan, thank you. It will be good to hear your voice. I tried to call all my art buddies that day.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)