Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

BRB, What? and Sketches

OMG, we have just had such a laugh.  We have a trivia group on our texting app, Telegram, with extended family and a friend, Joe.  Here is one of the questions today:
What abbreviation can be traced back to a 1917 letter to Winston Churchill?
OMG
LOL
BRB
ROFL
Gene puts up the questions and we answer on our own without looking things up.  We won't see the answer until tomorrow when Gene posts the answers.  Gene asked me what BRB was, he knew the others.  I said I don't remember so maybe that is the answer.  Hmm, he said.  Then he used that for his answer. 

A minute later I saw that he sent another text.

Gene:  "Joanna, what does BRB stand for?
Joanna:  "Be right back."

He read her answer and sat there a few minutes waiting and said to me,  "I wonder where the hell Joanna went?"

After a while came the dawn .... we have been laughing for 20 minutes. 



I sketched in the big book with the Micron 02 yesterday and the day before for Scavenger Hunt 628.  The items are different shapes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21772484#post21772484

Number 1, cylinder - my new glass water bottle wrapped in gray silicone.  I don't like to drink out of plastic or metal.  I broke my glass insulated cup a couple of years ago at my cousin, Kris' house.  She felt so bad.  A few days ago I received a package with this new water bottle and a couple of packages of coffee flavored M&Ms.  Sweet of her to think of me.
Number 2, blob - cookies are in blobs
Number 3, round - plate round in real life if not in my sketch

Gene is going on a trike ride.  I'm going to ride in the house on the stationary bike.  Back later.


















5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

That is so funny about BRB. I never heard of it...never mind what it meant. It is like a lot of the texting abbreviations that I have no clue about. lol (Now that one I know.)

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, we don't use the abbreviations very much except for LOL. We have broken out laughing several times today.

Bag Blog said...

I'm so glad you two enjoy each other and have such great senses of humor. It is our hearing or lack of ability to hear that keeps us in stitches. Well, that and we do some pretty dumb things.

Bag Blog said...

Earlier this morning, I took some grocery stuff to my friend Robin Egg. We sat out on her porch for a few minutes visiting (don't tell anyone). I told her that we could use the video thing on our phones when we call so that we can see each other. She said she had never used that and asked how it worked. So I said that I would call her (while we were sitting there) and I did. Her phone started ringing. She said," What do I do?" I said, "Answer it." She said, "How?" Me:" Like you always do." Her: "I don't know what to do." Me: "Good Grief, Robin, just answer the phone!" By this time, we were both laughing too hard to do anything. I had to call her again. She answered this time, but we got the giggles again when we tried to get the cameras to work. OMG! ROFLOL!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog - we still have a sense of humor ... most of the time. Hearing is a big thing also. We are both using closed caption on TV.

Love your phone story with Robin. Facetime on the iPhone has been a learning process with our great grandkids. My extra laugh for today!!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)