Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, February 10, 2020

Hunting 621 A-Z Sketches

A new Hunt is taking place.  The list is alphabetical.  I am the host and do an alphabetical list because there are 26 items on the list and 26 letters in the alphabet so I do not have to count.  X, Y, and Z are the hardest to find a variety of things.  We have used x-ray, xylophone, zipper and zebra many times.

I found xanthopetal, a flower with yellow petals and chose zigzag for Z.  Of course, I have no yellow flowers and none outside at the moment.  Will have to use a substitute or buy flowers.  We don't buy flowers usually.  Come and try sketching with us.

For Scavenger hunt 621 February 9 - 17
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1476996

Number1, relish - I planned to look for something I relish but instead just picked a jar of pickle relish.  Cute with a Texas shape on top, Made in Texas.
Number 2, ginger - I thought to look for something ginger colored, but went for the obvious.
Number 3, seasoning - chose Ground Nutmeg
Number 4, jellybean - substituting a piece of Twizlers

Value and Color.  I have a couple of posts that give ideas on this.  You can click on instruction at the bottom of my blog and find many tips and ideas for good painting.  Much of my instruction blog posts were before I used categories, so you can find more info by putting the word like value, under painting or colored pencil in the little search box at the top of my blog.
 
https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/more-on-value.html


The best advice is just paint!

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Hey! I am stealing wifi today and thought I'd stop by and say hello. We got several inches of snow last week and really slowed things down. They canceled school two days - whoot! One of those days was my day to teach and I stayed home and snuggled down. Not much news. It is nice to be online for a bit.

Joan Tavolott said...

I should look at the list and see if there is anything at the rehab facility that fits the hunt. Not much sketching from life lately...but still trying to get an art postcard done every day for the project I'm taking part in.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Hi! Great to hear from you. We didn't get a snow day. Jennie was disappointed! Hope you had a good wifi day. :-)

Joan, you have been sketching a lot. It is hard to find interesting things in rehab. Your postcards are super. Say hey to Jerry. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)