Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, November 18, 2019

Pastel Class with Enid

Last Friday I went to the Lost Pines Art Center for a Pan Pastel Class with Enid Wood
https://www.enidwood.com/

Enid is a super pastelist and is energetic and encouraging in her classes.  Of course I did not remember to take photos.  I have a one track mind in my dotage.

I have a set of twelve Pan Pastels.  Basic colors for a palette.  It was enough for my practice.  We did a color swatch on a piece of black paper.  I preferred that to my finished piece.  I used Pastel Card for my practice.  It holds lots of pastel and has to have many layers before you can blend.  It took a bit to figure out.  One applies the colors with sponges, much like applying makeup.  You double load to mix colors.  Usually 3 swipes on the pastel and then do a stroke.  Wipe off the sponge and go again.


Summer Showers, Pan Pastels with a touch of other pastel sticks.  About 6.5 x 8 inches.

The class was informative and I enjoyed being out and about.  As I have said repeatedly, painting with others is a good way to be inspired.

Enid will be teaching another class in January about abstract painting.  Check the class schedule at the Lost Pines Art Center.  http://www.lostpinesartcenter.org/classes/ and also on Enid's page for other classes she does.

I also used this for the Scavenger Hunt 610 as Number 8 - makes you smile.

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice stormy scene! I love the dramatic, dark sky in the value study. Workshops can be really inspiring...both the teacher and the students.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. It was a fun class and good for me.

Jennifer Rose said...

really great sense of the energy of a distant storm :)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Jennifer Rose. A class with Enid is full of energy and learning. She pushes me to do more.

Jennifer Rose said...

which is what you want from a class, the more energy and learning the better :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)