Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 18, 2019

Hunting in Ink for Inktober Day 18

I'm not very inventive today.  Inktober Day 18 is misfit.  I sketched a baby game.  That is about the way my brain feels with thoughts not going in well.

Inktober Day 18, misfit - in the big coffee table book with a Micron 02.


And for Scavenger Hunt 606.


Number 7, closet, in or out - my art studio closet.  I simplified with having the doors partly open so you can't see all the "junk".  There is a pretty cut glass window with shelves on the left, some of the ones Gene made from rain gutter.  On the right is a heavy duty work room shelf and then the actual closet shelf above that.  Quite a bit of storage but still overflows.  You can see some bags and aprons hanging off the shelf and my plein air tables and a box on the floor.  This is also in the big coffee table sketchbook with the Micron 02.

I  sketch almost everyday so the Inktober, sketch in ink every day in October isn't that hard.  I did start on the suggested list and that makes it a tad harder.  Sketching for two lists makes me think.  I haven't been able to cross over and do one sketch for both lists but a couple of times.  Mainly because the Scavenger Hunt items have to be sketched from life.  It would be hard to find a real dragon around here.  I could use a toy as a substitute, but still no dragon.

I also try to sketch different items for the big sketchbook.  Some things get put in more than once like refrigerator or couch.  Only one of each!


You can see that I'm about halfway through the book.  It is a forever book!

After Inktober is over I hope to get back to pastels with some "how to" and maybe videos.  Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I've given up at following any prompt list for Inktober lol

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I think that might be my idea if I do it again. I thought more from the Scavenger Hunt list might cross over. We get 26 every nine days so would have enough choice and save some time. Heh. I love all your dragons.

hmuxo said...

excellent sketches....I love the action in the soft ball pitcher. Great job!!!

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, thank you. We don't go to the softball games at UTexas, they have a good team, though.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)