Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

To L With It

Here we go,  working on the "L" list.  I work on the items that I find easily on hand.  That is the procrastinator and lazy person in me.  There is no predrawing with pencil ...  shudda done that on the ladder.

For Scavenger Hunt 592  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467556

Number 2, ladder - a step stool we keep handy.  It is a very good think that it is straight and sturdy in real life.  Wouldn't want to stand on this one!

Number 3, lace - not much lace in my world.  This is the corner of a curtain that was in the house when we moved in.  It is definitely not handmade.  It was on a window where we put shutters in the entry way/corner.  I use it as a table cloth now when it gets used.

Yesterday was cool and rainy.  We got .75 inch of rain.  Great!  This morning it was 69 so we haven't been on the porch yet.  It is about time to get out there!  We wouldn't be on the porch in Angel Fire either -- it is 35 degrees Fahrenheit there.

Getting close to the paint out:
https://www.wildriverspleinair.com/


4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Good L stuff. Yes, it is getting closer to the paint out. I must get prepared. I must get prepared. I keep saying that.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you. I keep hoping our thinking chants work. I'm doing the same. I'm using the same frames from last year but have to get the glazing glass or acryilic. I tape the glass to the painting so will just leave last years protected by the glass and get new for the frames.

Joan Tavolott said...

I thought it was "Leather and Lace" not "Ladder and Lace." lol I usually only do the items that I have on hand too.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, it’s odd how we see wrong. It’s like, why did that come to mind? You may sketch things close at hand, but you do many, many great sketches.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)