Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, June 08, 2019

Seeing Red!

The other day I was seeing green and now it was red.  We were out on the porch again this morning.  It is soooo beautiful but doesn't last long.  It was 69 degrees F and will soon be 95!  The heat index will be about 104.  We enjoy while we can.  Anyway I sketched in the big coffee table book with a Prismacolor 03 fine line marker/pen and the Prismacolor chisel.  Probably about a 30 minute sketch, freehand as you can tell. 

For Scavenger Hunt 590 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466839

Number 3, sunglasses
Number 4, something with buttons

I was going along so happily making the shirt red and white.  Felt pretty good about the sunglasses, too.  Then I went to take the photo and saw that the sunglasses are very large.  I was looking right at them and didn't measure in my head.  Sigh...  Just pretend that the shirt is for a toddler.

Sketching freehand is my thing.  I do not like "do overs" so don't sketch first in pencil.  Had I done that, I would have seen the error of my ways.  Susan Carlin gave me a great tip and I didn't use it.  She says to make your nib or point of your pencil or brush into a cross hair like a cursor.  Then,  look at what is above and below it and use something like the old etch and sketch. 

Susan is such a wonderful artist.  She can get a likeness in 30 seconds.  She is having a workshop soon (like July 6) in San Antonio, check out her website for info.  https://susancarlin.com/workshops
Susan is fun and a great teacher.  You will have a great experience and learn so much!  Wish I could go.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (996) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1850) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (22) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)