Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, May 20, 2019

New Hunt 588 Adjectives

The new Scavenger Hunt 588, adjectives, is up and running.  Thanks to Joe for a list where you have to think on all the items .. nothing like "Chair" so you don't have to really "hunt".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466184

I preferred to get out the pastels and reuse the Colourfix paper to practice painting quickly.  Maybe I was a bit too quick today, but it captures the feel of the flowers for "pretty".


Number 1 - pretty - wildflowers.  I like the purple Spiderwort but don't have any lavender in my pastels that leans toward blue, like periwinkle.  Layering made the blues, pinks and purples almost works.  I didn't want to spend more than an hour on this, so the feel may be there.

There were lots of Mexican Hats in the area.  The bright yellow and reddish brown are pretty, but you know me and yellow.  I had to add the Spiderwort.

This is the piece of paper with a wipe off with paper towel and then a damp paper towel.  This may be about 8 pastel sketches I've done on this paper.  Inexpensive practice.

This was the underpainting with some color and water to make the drips.  Some of that shows through in the sketch.




4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I like the flowers. Last Saturday I did the Paint in the Park. It was stormy, but we did it anyway. There was not sun. It was difficult to even see my pastels well. I got second place, which was nice. The guy who got first was very deserving. It is good to be beat by someone better. Last year the first place artist was really bad and I got second. I had one of those WTH moments. This year was good.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, interesting. Work in values when you can't see the colors, I guess. Congrats on second. I saw some photos on your facebook page. Applause!

Jennifer Rose said...

that's a good idea for a list, and does allow for a lot of different interpretations of the word :)

and your wildflowers are def pretty :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, you are right, of course, but I need to complain about thinking. lol Thank you, the flowers were fun to do.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)