Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 18, 2019

Alphabetical Hunting 580

Joe put up the new Scavenger Hunt with an alphabetical list and challenge to do them in order.  I made a start in the big book with the Pilot fountain pen.

Scavenger Hunt 580
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463237

Numbers 1 - 7  Almond, bonbon, carrot, dandelion, egg, feather, glass
Two challenges, to sketch them in order and to group at least 3 in a still life.

I added a pistachio and a pecan with the almond.  Substituted a Werthers for bonbon and the lettuce for carrot.  We only had lettuce and tomatoes or canned/frozen veggies.  Pretty normal here.  I don't think we ever have bonbons unless someone gives us a gift.

The little blue bonnet is one of the first blue bonnets to bloom in our little patch.  I didn't remember glass was on the list so was happy to see it in my grouping and added the feathers to keep the order.


 George Ensle  http://georgeensle.com/  picking on his metal guitar.  He jokes that "here comes the hard metal songs"

Greg Whitfield http://gregwhitfield.net/  playing his guitar.  They are both such fine players.  I love it when the performers can play more than chords when they sing.  These two are super at that.

These photos are from Saturday night at Neighbor's in Bastrop.  http://www.neighborstx.com/
We had a really good time.  Some British video bloggers that were in Austin for South by Southwest SXSW were there having a good time adding to the  pace which was lively and fun.  A few snippets of music on my Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/jocastart1/

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Sketching and alphabetical order! That's like algebra.

hmuxo said...

Wonderful sketches Jo. I love the guitar players.... nice ones to sketch...maybe just the guitars......
Enjoy the rest of the day....

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you made me laugh! Thanks.

hmuxo, thank you. I have sketched musicians a few times, not easy. I should try these photos for practice, thanks for the idea.

Joan Tavolott said...

You got quite a few done. Once again I'm procrastinating and now my favorite show, "This Is Us", is starting. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, sorry. Another of your comments I read and did not publish. I wonder why sometimes I sketch so much and other times I procrastinate, too. I like that program, too ... weepy TV!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)