Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, January 25, 2019

Slow Start

I am off to a slow start in 2019.  That is not a big surprise.  The longer you stay away from doing anything the harder it gets to come back.  My cooking is the same.  I thought I was a pretty good cook but the less I cook the harder it is to do it.  Sigh....

For Scavenger Hunt 573 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460240
I sketched in the big coffee table sketchbook.  The two sketches cover a page.  You can tell I was in a hurry, but I got a sketch done.  I've not been sketching as much either.  Actually I haven't been doing much of anything.


Number 1 round and number 2 triangle, a wheel on Gene's walker.  He uses the walker more to carry stuff than to walk.  It is handy sometimes like carrying in the groceries on the seat.
Number 3 view out the window and 4 water.  Water related is the rain gauge on the post in the lower left. 

I hadn't painted anything for the Southwest Challenge for January.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21530987
I always use the excuse that I don't care for painting from photos.  I did want to do one so I picked this landscape.  There were some neat photos provided by Tuscanny (Christel) from South Africa. 

The View Where I Live
Pastel about 9 x 12 inches on the recycled sanded paper from previous pastel sketches.  The paper was a dark gray after wiping off the red jar so worked well for this stormy sky.  The view could easily be in New Mexico.  Maybe that is why I picked it.

 Here is the Super Blood Wolf moon from the other night.  Not great, on my iPhone.  Check out Joanna's photo on Instagram.   https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4vPO_l_Bc/


And one of our regular sunsets.  I think it was a couple of nights before the moon shot.  I failed to crop off the corner of the roof.

5 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your words are SO true Jo. The less you paint the harder It is to get back to it. Since my fall and having such a bad cold I’m just now feeling good so I’m pushing myself to painting again. I went to my Friday portrait class for the first time in weeks...and it felt good. So hopefully I’ll be posting soon. Your sketch is wonderful as always .... the moon was absolutely beautiful..u fortunately my camera isn’t that powerful but I enjoyed looking at it....we had an amazing rainbow here and I hope you were able to see it as well. Enjoy your day....

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, My cough is still dragging, too. Hope you are better and back to your beautiful pastel portraits. We didn't have a rainbow, it was clear and cold here. Well, not as cold as your area for sure. Nice to "see" you.

bag blog said...

I started that task tracker to help me stay on task. I'm already behind on that!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Ah, man, you are/were my inspiration to paint!!!! Really, I'm not sure why it is so hard to keep a schedule. Sigh.... Gene is on his trike and I am actually going out on the porch to do a pastel sketch. Yay!

Jennifer Rose said...

the pastel landscape looks really nice, very moody looking sky and does remind of photos I've seen of New Mexico.

you are right about the longer you don't do something, the harder it is to get back to it, hence why i'm still trying to do even simple sketches while in uni. if i dont sketch I wont be able to again after awhile


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)