Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, December 02, 2018

The Last of Hunt 566 and an Old Sketch

These Hunts just fly by.  The big sketchbook has room for plenty more sketches so decided to add half a page sketch.  The tool was the usual Prismacolor Fine Line Marker/Pen 03.

For Scavenger Hunt 566 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457483

 Number 8, safety item and Number 9, animal - this is a little hedgehog.  I'm pretty sure I've sketched him before.  We have no live animals as you know.

One of the challenges of the Hunt was to place three items together.  I could have done that by adding one more item.  You can see, though, that I didn't sketch them side by side.  Dang, as Bag Blog would say.

***  **  ***  **  ***  **

I received an interesting e-mail a couple of days ago with an image of a drawing I did in 1994.  I gave it to our friend, Xochitl.  She was unpacking recently after a move and ran across the framed drawing.  She took a snapshot and sent it to me.  I had forgotten about it and it is nice to have a copy from fun times.

I'm pretty sure the drawing was from memory and not a photo.  The horse reminds me of my horse, Nieto.  The cowboy looks a tiny bit like my dad.  And the scene like the Field ranch or Pie Place in New Mexico where I got to be a cowgirl.   I would guess I laid the scene out in pencil and then drew with a fountain pen and India ink.  Thanks, Xochilt, for the good memory.



4 comments:

bag blog said...

The sketches of the fire extinguisher and hedgehog are great. The old sketch is like wow! Maybe you could re-sketch it and add color. It would make a nice pastel.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you so much. You can see my sketching style hasn't changed. Maybe a do-over some time.

Joan Tavolott said...

Cute sketch of the hedgehog. How nice to get to see your sketch from the past!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. Th hedgehog is very cute and soft. Bet they aren't in real life!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)