Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, October 22, 2018

Back to Hunting

The Scavenger Hunt called, so back to the Hunt.  I try to always do a few items.  It keeps me sketching from life.  I'm not as apt to sketch from photos.  I already have photos.

For Hunt 561
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455523

Number 3, keeps you warm - our new quilt.  It is beautiful.  Queen sized with the main squares a beige, then strips of pink, turquoise, blue and purple with black trim.  The material is floral.  The lining is green and white floral. It has a tag written in green sharpie, "Hanging Gardens, Designed by Georgette Dell 'Orco, Quilted by Pam Hurst of Syracuse, Utah, Magdalena Old Timers Reunion Raffle Drawing July 15, 2018, won by"  Gene added:  Gene Castillo Happy Birthday, Jo.

The quilting was done by machine but obviously turned by hand.  It is gorgeous.  I told Larry he could have it handed down.  He can use it when he stays here in the meantime.  He had a quilt my mom and dad made and he loved it until it fell apart.




6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

that is a very pretty quilt :); lovely colours

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketch of the detail on the quilt print and design. Sounds like a treasure!!

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you. It is beautiful and warm....

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. Always nice to have something homemade and from home.

bag blog said...

Jesse was in to making quilts for a while when she was younger. They are all in her hope-chest. Sigh.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, I think she should use them. I had saved a couple my grandmother made and they burned, should have used them when I had the chance. I made baby quilts for presents way back when. I really don't have patience to sew. They are beautiful.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)