Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

End of Hunt 540

Nine days already and Hunt 540 is winding down today.  I didn't get that many sketches done.  Not good since I was the host.  Sigh....

For Scavenger Hunt 540  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447131

We went to Austin yesterday and I sketched in the new small Canson Mixmedia sketchbook.  Nice paper in those.  It can take some water and color and doesn't bleed through.  I sketched with the new Zig Millennium pens, they are 05.

Number 4, Charlie - perfume or fool, I substituted some hand cleaner for perfume.

Number 5, Whiskey - This looks like I drank the half bottle of Jack Daniels before I started, right?  We stopped off at Trader Joes as we hadn't been in there before.  I saw the Granja (farm or country estate) brand of wines from Spain.  I liked their labels.  On this one they are painting the zebra stripes red.  There was also a neat pig and rooster.  I bought this just to sketch, hope the red contents is good!  The Moscato from Italy has a pretty bottle, too. 

We bought the moscato for Jennie.  She and Brandon dropped off the grand-dogs.  We are dog sitting for a week.  That is why I am up at 5 in the morning.  And, also why we don't have dogs of our own.






2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You and Jesse! Picking your wines by how pretty the bottle is - not that I blame either of you.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you make me laugh! I still haven't opened the red. Jennie tried the Moscato, it was pretty good, a bit spumy....sweet, but it is supposed to be.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (203) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (969) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1781) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (7) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)