Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Late Post for New Year's, Windmill Paintings

I did manage to get another sketch yesterday, midday, but never posted.

For Scavenger Hunt 525
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439893

Numbers 6 - 9, art supply, made of wood, from the bathroom and board game.

And, no, we did not play Scrabble yesterday.  Gene is not a game player.  Smiling.

I have too many stories for today, one about the Christmas cactus I will postpone until it blooms more.


I put up photos for the January Challenge in the Southwest and Western Art forum on wetcanvas.com. Windmills are a favorite subject for photos and paintings.   I liked this windmill photo and got to thinking about it.  I did a pastel painting from it years ago.  Turns out it was back in 2007.  Old photo and old painting....the photo is from 2006, a rainy year.

Papalote
Pastel on paper, 9.5 x 15 inches

So maybe I will post some old windmill paintings not in any special order:


 Magdalena Windmill
Acrylic on Canvas, 12 x 12 inches

 Windmill at Sunset
Pastel on board w/Colourfix Medium, 6 x 12 inches

 Papalote Dos
Pastel on Pastelbord. 9 x 12 inches

 Cool Water
Pastel on Pastelbord, 10 x 8 inches

 Papalote Tres
Pastel on Pastelbord. 8 x 10 inches.

 Water Underground
Pastel on Pastelbord. 14 x 11 inches

 Cloudy in the West
Pastel on Pastelbord, 12 x 12 inches

 Windmill, Too
Pastel on masonite with Colourfix medium. 10 x 16 inches.

This was probably the first or second windmill I ever painted.  It is 16 x 20 oil.  Must have been in 1999 or 2000.

Time out from windmills, there were a couple more practice paintings, yikes!

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Wow...you've done a lot of windmill paintings. These are great!!! How fun to see them all together.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. I knew there were a few. There were a couple of practice paintings with windmills and there might be a sketch or two. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

I love windmill paintings, too. I did one for my aunt back when Bo was a baby. My aunt recently died. I wonder what will become of the painting.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I'm not sure why I'm so into the windmills. They were so important and landmarks when my dad worked at ranches. Guess it stuck!
I have recently thought what happens to paintings, too. Guess if the kiddos don't want them they get sold ... garage sales, etc. Sad thought! Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)