Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Ending Hunt 517 Sketches

These sketches are for Scavenger Hunt 517
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436450

The Scavenger Hunts go by faster and faster.  Nine or ten seem to be my average number of sketches out of the twenty-six items.  Each Hunt is on for nine days.  We have been Hunting since 2006.  These Hunts and posts have been my longest and most consistent "journal" or diary.  Sketching has kept my art world going.

I sketched in the big book day before yesterday at home with the Prismacolor 01.  It is a bit thicker line than the Micron 01 that I used yesterday.  Not much or at least the ink flows more freely, which is good so the sketch is not so vague like the skyline in my last post.

Number 7, dripping tap (faucet)
Number 8, an animal to do with water - two little pottery turtles that do not have much color now.  They survived the big fire in Bastrop of 2011 but without their pizazz.  I had some really cute ones in glass, but they melted of course.  Wow, it has been six years. 

After saying we would not collect stuff ever again, we have a house full!  We even saved burned things!  Why are "things" so important.  Most we could easily live without.  Hmmmm.

Number 9, someone's hair - at the hair cutting salon in Bastrop yesterday.  I only get my hair cut every couple of months.  I do not like sitting there for "nothing".  I cut it myself most of the time, but now that I am older and my hair grows so erratically, I need help in the back  Anyway is was fortuitous that I had it cut during this Hunt!

Jennie and I are off to the Pow Wow in Austin this evening.  It is so beautiful and fun to see.  There is a patriotic feel there and love of our land.  It is a happy place.   I hope there are dancers from New Mexico, I like seeing the bright yellow and red flag. 

I borrowed this photo from the Digital Photo blog.  http://www.digitaljournal.com/topic/New+mexico  They have some interesting New Mexico stories there.  I need to check it out in more detail.

Do you hear?  Drum... drum .... drum....

Pow Wow Sample

https://youtu.be/X9wSEXyoRbw






No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)