Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, November 27, 2017

And the Hunt Goes On

Evidently I took a holiday and didn't sketch .. for shame.

Scavenger Hunt 520 is almost over!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21240210

Number 3, three kinds of clips done with micron 005.  The clip on the right has a magnet for the fridge and they all stuck together.  Gene fashioned the middle clip from the cheap pants hangers you get at Walmart or other stores.  He takes them loose and they make great clips for chips and plastic bags.
Number 4, three kinds of paper - napkin, card and paper plate.  One of the challenges this time was to sketch with ink and a twig.  I used watercolor and a twig.  I have never replaced my ink and pens since the fire.  Not sure why, I do sketch mostly with the fine line marker pens.  Hmmm.  I will put that on my wish list for Christmas.
Number 5, 6, 7, 8 - ladle, knife, fork, spoon done with the Micron 005

Gene and I walked around the lake yesterday and today for my physical therapy.  He loves to look at the birds and water.  He is on his trike now doing his therapy.  Ha.  Gorgeous weather.

I know, I know, it is a facebook thing to put up photos of food.  Our untraditional dinner looks so nice in Larry's photo done on Jennie's new iPhone.  I'm hungry all over again.  The pie and cake weren't on the table yet and don't think we got a photo.  It was Jennie's birthday.  Great day!  Maybe she shared a photo on facebook.  I'll have a look see.



4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad you got back to sketching for the hunt. I didn't ...yet. lol You would think I would at least sketch one item with my trusty twig but I haven't done that either. The photo of the food is great!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, it is hard to get back sketching after a holiday. The photo of the table was not planned, but it looks good! Fun.

Jennifer Rose said...

looks like a great meal :)

the lake looks really nice, great spot to stop and read a book for a few hours

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, it was a great meal.
The lakes/ponds are so nice now that they are almost full. We can sit on the screened in porch away from the mosquitoes! We live in a neat place.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)