Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Sunday Sketches

We went to the opening of Art Connections in La Grange.  The gallery is beautiful and set up to showcase many artists.  Great job by Deborah Johnson!  Applause to her.  Of course, I didn't take any photos.  I will "steal" some from facebook.  These are from Jill Gannaway Robinson, more on her facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jill.g.robinson.1






Thanks, Jill, for your photos.

I did buy a beautiful beaded bracelet by Renate Kasper, so beautiful.
http://renatekasperhandmade.com/

 It was a lovely time.  Do you think I will get some new art at Art Connections and up on the walls?  Hmmm.

I sketched in the big coffee table book with a Micron 01 and colored pencils.  From the "p" list.


Number 5, player piece from a board game like Monopoly - we only have Scrabble that I bought last summer.  (All others burned) I was pleased to see the letters are still on wood.  The trays are plastic now.  Our game that belonged to my mom had wooden trays as well.
Number 6, piece of a jigsaw puzzle - our only puzzle is of licence plates.  This bit was on top the pile and is from New Mexico with the turquoise.
Number 7, pencil - a regular and a pastel


If you do not get the IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) newsletter, here you go:
https://goo.gl/6Xex8X

3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

A wonderful gallery to visit and that's a nice sketch. Greetings.

Bag Blog said...

The gallery looks really nice. Duncan needs something like that.

I like your choice of sketches for the hunt. I like the color too.

Jo Castillo said...

Blogoratti, welcome to my blog. Thank you.
I have to go check out your poems. I'm Smiling....

Bag Blog, the gallery is something. Deborah has put in many hours of work and effort into the community as well as the gallery. We are pleased she came to Bastrop. Hope the La Grange location works out. Thanks on the sketches.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)