Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Sketching for the Hunt and More

It was time to get back to the Scavenger Hunts.  I got out the big book yesterday and today and sketched with the Micron 05.  I did put a bit of color with pencils on the sketch yesterday so you could tell the food items apart.  Not sure if it helped.

For Scavenger Hunt 506  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431790

Number 4 yummy - sandwich, Number 5 salty - potato chips, Number 6 spicey - olives, Number 7, round/circle - plate
Number 8, with legs - leather topped table from Peru
Number 9, square - CD in cover, almost square.  We went to La Grange to the Bugle Boy last night and saw Jane Ellen Bryant, beautiful voice and good writer.  She gave out a free CD with a single song on it if you signed up on her mailing list.  Thanks, Jane Ellen.

It was a good show. It was a sing around with Jane Ellen, Jaimee Harris and Tom Meny.  Very entertaining.

Art Connections Gallery is going to move to La Grange in September.  I need to take my 4 paintings down Monday and then paint something new for the opening in La Grange.  It will be interesting.  Very sad for Bastrop.  The building is being bought by the lawyers next door so Main Street is losing a shopping place here.  Art Connections has so many different types of gifts.


** *** **  ***  **  ***  **

In the meantime, I was trying to figure how to take the big sketchbook with us so I can sketch some different things in it from the Scavenger Hunts.  I asked Gene to look for a box (we have lots of Amazon boxes) and he came back with a computer case a friend gave him.  It is perfect.  The book just fits in it, with room for pens and other things.  Even my iPad if I wanted it in there.  So I will be taking the huge sketchbook.  Thanks, Gene.




4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The sandwich looks yummy. I took four paintings down to our Chisholm Trail Arts Council building for their yearly open house. I ordered my frames from Art to Frames. I thought they were pretty reasonable - came with glass!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thank you. The sandwich was yummy! Gene had gone to Austin for his brain tests. (Yes, he has one.) I tried to get a tuna sandwich in town, didn't, long story. Anyway, I had to have one when I got home. It was very hard to sketch before eating!!!

I haven't heard of Art to Frames, will check it out. I usually use framesbymail.com

Hugs.

Jennifer Rose said...

the colour is a nice touch :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, i like color, but it takes time. Lazy me. Smiling.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)