Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, March 31, 2017

First Friday Pastel....

A new pastel for First Friday Artwalk, Friday April 7,  in Bastrop!  Hopefully I can make it to the fun.  Art Connections Gallery is having a couple of neat things going on.  My two or three new pastels will join my paintings at Art Connections.  Two for sure and one is a work in progress.

The featured artist is Glenda Kronkes.  Glenda makes beautiful glass pieces that look like they are made from coral or sea weed.  Read about her here and then show up to meet her and to see Glenda's outstanding work.

http://www.artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/blog/about-glenda-kronkes-process



Birds Watching
Pastel on Pastelbord in dark wooden plein air frame
8 x 10 inches  $195
info here

My first painting for the show.  Water is much fun to paint.  Too bad I couldn't get to Corpus Christi or South Padre to do some plein air.  Maybe in the fall...

Docked
Pastel on Pastelbord in dark wooden plein air frame
13 x 5 inches  $175

I love sunsets and sunrises.  Not sure which this is.  Surely if it was morning the fisherman would be in the boat.  Hmm.


*** ** *** ** ***

Thursday April 6 at Art Connections is having a film "State of Clay: Texas Ceramics - Past and Present" and opening of the show at the Museum.  The show will run from April 1 - 13 at the Bastrop County Historical Museum.  More info on this link....

http://www.artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/blog/state-of-clay



6 comments:

Mary said...

Gorgeous colors in these paintings, Jo! I suspect they might find new homes at Art Walk and the show. I have enjoyed browsing your blog and am humbled by your faithfulness in posting frequently. Thank you!

Jo Castillo said...

Mary, thank you so much. I always look forward to your comments. Hope all is well out your way, haven't checked on you for a couple of weeks..... :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

gorgeous colours in the sky :D perfect for a sunset or sunrise (maybe the fisherman slept in :p)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you sooooo much. Hope you are doing well.

Joan Tavolott said...

Water is always a fun subject...add in a sunset and you've got me! Love these.

Bag Blog said...

I'm impressed by your sky. You know me and skies, and rocks, and water....

The Birds Watching is my favorite - reminds me of a picture I took of Jesse while in Scotland. She was sitting out on some similar posts on the North Sea beach.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (203) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (969) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1781) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (7) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)