Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Water Something Sketch

I sketched in the "huge" book with a Micron 01 pen, which is a fine line.  Should use a larger line in that book.

For Scavenger Hunt 472  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415346

Number 2, something featuring water - one of the new walking bridges for our walk around the pond/lake.

As you see, I took a photo instead of scanning the sketch.  Photos are darker, especially when it is cloudy.  Of course, the big sketchbook doesn't fit on the scanner anyway.

Beautiful morning on the porch although a squall of rain came through a few minutes ago.  Like for 30 seconds.  Ha.  Just overcast now, but clearing and will be hot today.

We had a lovely day yesterday.  We were able to keep the house open until about 3 and then the ac never did kick in.  How great is that?  Perfect weather and then cooler at night for sleeping.  The house is open now, but the sun is trying to come out so we will be closing up by noon.

I hope you are enjoying this fall weather, too.



3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I ran the AC today. It is not too hot, but hot enough to be uncomfortable. There is a chance for rain tomorrow and cooler temps.

I take photos of most of my art, when posting online. The scanner is difficult for me.

Joan Tavolott said...

The weather has been so nice while we've been traveling. I'm enjoying it. This is a nice sketch. I do photos of my artwork since I never had a scanner. Now that I do have one I still have no idea how to use it. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, we had to have the AC on last night for a bit. I try keeping it at 77 or 78 but when it is so humid. Yikes. The scanner gives more light to small sketches. I'm not sure why the scanner isn't working. I've been using wi-fi which is so bad in our house. Joanna is bringing me a cable on Saturday.

Joan, yes it is good weather for road trips. Photos of sketches and paintings is much faster. And for anything larger than typing paper you need a photo anyway, like my big sketchbook. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (971) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1791) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)