Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, November 04, 2016

Hunting in Thick and Few

Items on Scavenger Hunt 472 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415346  included using a thick or big pen and to do a sketch in 31 strokes or less.  I sketched in the travel sketchbook as I thought the Sharpie would bleed, well neither did.  Yay!

Number 7, thick pen - I used a sharpie and sketched the Christmas cactus.  It is faster, that is for sure.
Number 8, something with 31 strokes or less - Gene's chair took about 25 strokes.

Jennie and I are going to the Austin Pow Wow http://www.austinpowwow.net/austin-powwow/ tomorrow.  Tradition!  They have changed the venue from a gymnasium to a rodeo arena/coliseum.  They needed more space.  It will be interesting to see the difference.  Fry bread and Indian tacos will be our fare.  They have many art works for sale, too.  Looking forward to the day.

In the evening Gene and I will go to a CD release, This Much is True,  at the New World Deli for Byrd and Street  http://www.byrdandstreet.com/ .  That should be fun.  We haven't seen them since Colorado!

You are welcome to go to both events.  Will I see you there??

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

busy busy :)

enjoy the Pow Wow, I've been to a few in Alberta and it was great seeing and talking to people there :)

Sharpies usually bleed for me, love using them but can't get a lot of control with them.your cactus looks great :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I love all the color at the Pow Wows. I also appreciate their dedication and patriotism. They first honor the veterans. I like the music, too. Aw, shucks, I like it all!

Thanks on the sketches.

Joan Tavolott said...

I knew we shouldn't have left Texas! It sounds like fun!!! Enjoy!

Jo Castillo said...

Jon, it was a super day! You would have loved the colors and music at the Pow Wow. Byrd and Street are a special duo. Kathy has a beautiful sweet voice and Tommy writes touching and beautiful story songs. Fun show. Missed you!!

Bag Blog said...

I hope you took lots of pics. Those Indian gatherings are always so colorful.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, took too many photos. I'll put up a few...


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)