The Hunt started yesterday so best I get with it and do some sketching.
In case you don't know them already, here are the rules for the Hunt:Several of us (artists) have been doing the Hunts since 2006. It is fun to make friends and see and learn about the different places. We see skylines, mail boxes, appliances, fruit, veggies and much more. Think about joining in. No pressure at any time.
Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
- All items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo references.
- Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
- You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
- All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch then, from 1 to 26.
- Do as many or as few items as you like. you don't have to finish the entire list to participate!
- The Scavenger Hunt "week" will last for 9 days, with the next hunt on the 9th day.
- The host makes the list from everyday items in your home and neighborhood
Please note commenting is not required. Comments and chat are always welcome but if you don’t have the time or inclination, feel free to simply post your images.
Here is the list I posted for this Hunt:
- Screen Door
- A pair of .....
- A set of ....
- Draped cloth
- Door steps or ladder
- Outside planter
- Corner of a room
- Dirty Dishes
- Trash can or bin
- Something purchased
- A gift received
- Sky line
- Cupboard door
- Collection of .....
- Something from a bag or purse
- Something with a shadow
- Your hand holding something
- A battery
- Something with buttons
- Small appliance
- A box of .....
I do make a bit of my own pressure. Because I haven't been doing much painting and networking I do try to sketch for the Scavenger Hunts. It keeps my eye/hand artsy side going!
Number 2, shelf
These are over and around the stove. Behind the shelf is the exhaust fan and light. The fan actually sends the smoke and hot air outside. I don't think many do anymore, they filter and put it back in the room. I sketched in the big sketchbook with a Micron 05 standing behind the counter. Not an ideal spot for sketching.