Exhibits

Gallery: Art Connections Gallery 908 Main Street, Bastrop Texas 512 581-1799 http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/


See additional work on my website

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Sketches for 461

We stayed an extra day in Minot, North Dakota.  We went to a park and had lunch.  Gene read the paper and napped.  I sketched and we walked a little.

 For Scavenger Hunt 461, I know they are going by quickly now.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410190

Number 1, building - a shed at the park with Micron 02 and watercolor
Number 2, skyline - Gene was buying flag holders for his trike, Micron 02

I took a couple of photos on the way here.  The plains look the same.  I tried to take photos of some reeds and water ... didn't find them.  Second time photos disappeared.  I need a new camera again.  Do I really mistreat them?  Not that I know of.

 Just some of the fields on the way.  The sky was beautiful.

I took a photo of the Minot water tank two days ago and it just happens the building on the right is where Gene had to go to buy the flag holders.  Weird....


I liked this tank and the sky.  Pretty.

We had a nice dinner last night at the Badlands Restaurant.  Tonight we will go to the Lonestar which is across the street.  We try not to do chain places but we had good luck at the Lonestar years ago in Phoenix, so will walk over there.  Next night is in Montana, probably.


2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I'm definitely enjoying your photos and sketches.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I should plan ahead a bit more or make notes. I forget many things since I don't post every day. Thanks for hanging in there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill