Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Sketching XL

Jennie, your page a day in the large sketchbook is just not happening.  (you can read about it in the previous post) http://goo.gl/sT3TBA  It is difficult to do a large sketch to fill the page a day.  I did manage to do a half a page yesterday and today.  We will see how it goes. We are on day 5 with 2 pages done.  :-)

I took my iPad and Gene's computer to Joanna on Sunday and she spent 5 or 6 hours updating them both.  Thanks, Joanna.  They are both pretty old and may not have the RAM to handle the newer updates.  The Apple fellow told me that the updates are supposed to help the old computers, too.  Right......  Who knows why my iPad decided to quit on me.  Seems fine, now.   She is our personal Apple Genius.  She probably wouldn't have had to redo my iPad if I had called her first.  I just tried on my own.  Shucks.

Yesterday, I sketched in the humongous sketchbook with a Micron 03.  I had to hold it on my lap and sit in a chair to get it done.  :)  I usually sit in a chair anyway.  But it is bigger than any sketchbook ever.

Scavenger Hunt 434 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395528&page=2
Number 6, faucet
Number 7, folded cloth - towel
Number 8, from the bathroom - soap

Today I sketched on the ottoman to finish the page.

Number 9, snack
Number 10, book - this puzzle book was a Christmas gift from Brandon.  Nice to work in as it is large with large print.  :)  Thanks, Brandon.

The sketchbook weighs in at about 7 pounds, weighed on the bathroom scale.  You can get an idea of the size here on the ottoman with my iPad in its new case, another Christmas gift from the Kentucky bunch.  Thanks!

The plan is to start cleaning up my studio so I can actually work in here. My computer is on my desk top, too.   My real desk top is as cluttered as the desktop on the computer gets after days of saving photos, articles and receipts.  My studio is used to put extra boxes, the gift wrapping, framing, printing, and all supplies.  My desk top has cards, CDs, sketchbooks, printing stuff, camera, cables, cards to write and send, etc.

My horror-scope in today's paper gives me permission to take a few days to clean up:

Horoscopes by Holiday
by Holiday Mathis

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22). Regarding the sort of change that happens today: Give it time to sink in. Let it ruminate for a few days. Don’t go immediately back to what you’re familiar with. Live in the transition.
So, guess I'll go have a snack and watch Wheel of Fortune (recorded last night) to see if I won $5,000!  Back to the studio later........

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

LOL I can just imagine carrying a 7 lb sketchbook into NYC when I meet the urban sketchers. That's big! Glad Joanna straightened everything out for you.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, you are so right! It will take more than two years to finish for sure. It takes me a couple of years to finish a small book. Ha! Guess I can print my iPad sketches and add them in like a scrapbook.

Bag Blog said...

I wish I had my own personal computer guru, sigh.

So you had to sit to draw - all that bathroom stuff.

My desk top (not the computer) is also very cluttered. Toby said I had to straighten it up for company over Christmas. I'll never find things now.

Jennifer Rose said...

7lbs!! def dont drop it no your foot then

more great sketches :)

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, it is great to have Joanna around. She helps us and friends. She has been doing it for years. I usually sketch sitting down. It is hard for me to stand and sketch. When we have outside sketches I usually take a chair or stool. Ha, on Toby! For Christmas, I bought me some UT sweatshirts and put/hid them in my studio. I couldn't find them to wrap, I just found them yesterday!

Jennifer Rose, I will do my best not to drop my sketchbook on my foot! Thanks. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)