Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hunting in Pen and Ink

I did sketch day before yesterday and yesterday while having my coffee.  So nice on the porch early in the morning.  I sketched in the large sketchbook with a Micron 03.  Very quickly with no pre-sketch in pencil.  Just my freehand work.

I numbered this first sketch wrong, I put 404 and it is Scavenger Hunt 405. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1379503 I missed a whole Scavenger Hunt it seems while on the road.  Very unusual not to do even one sketch.

Number 1, something above my head - lights and corner of porch
Number 2, something green - tree and grass
Number 3, flower - the Indian Blankets, they are red in the center and it fades out to the yellow edges, very pretty.


Number 4, low to the ground - Gene's mud shoes by the screen door
Number 5, something with a lid - my coffee in the thermos glass cup.  The cup really keeps the coffee warm.  Not very exciting drinking coffee with a straw, especially since it is bad enough to drink decaf.

Jeanne Grant from the Scavenger Hunts posted a link to a site that has items to draw with timers so you can sketch like drawing from life. There are different categories and time.   It looks so nifty.
http://artists.pixelovely.com/
It will be nice for me, because we don't have many opportunities to sketch life form drawings.  This gives you alternatives to items on hand as well.  Thank you, Jeanne.  http://jeannegrant.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm glad you've managed to get some sketch time in.

Bag Blog said...

Oooh! That does look nifty. I may have to do some drawings.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, it is always relaxing to sketch .... well, relaxing to sit on the porch. Sketching is still a bit like homework sometimes.

Bag Blog, that site is interesting. Lessons, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)