Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hunt 393 Sketches, photos

I haven't posted a sketch since February 4, wow!  I sketched this morning in the kitchen and out by the southernmost lake (pond) here at the house.  It is a gorgeous day, about 75 degrees.  Gene rode his Terratrike and I went for a walk.

For Hunt 393, http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1372016  By the way the Scavenger Hunts on wetcanvas.com  started in late May or early June in 2006 and we are still sketching.  I started a blog mainly to post those sketches.  I never would have thought I could keep a "journal" for so long.

Number 1, wall power outlet - copper ones
Number 2, slippery - dish soap
Number 3, open this - garlic jar
Number 4, hook - for towels
Number 5, hinge - hinge on the china cabinet

Number 6, use in the sun - a little fishing dock at the lake, the water is too low for fishing so you could suntan there.  This is in my Do-Pad Joanna gave me for Christmas, so I scanned the whole page for you to see that I didn't fill in the squares.  Ha.

I was taking a photo of the marshy area across the lake when the blue heron flew into my photo.  Too bad I didn't have more pixels on, but you can see him well in the close up.  I got two snaps but the other it is right in front of that light colored limb as you may be able to tell.  The photo below is pretty good.  He looks white against the dark brush and shadows.


This is the scene from my sketch.

This is the bench I sat on to sketch.  The top three flat boards look like a picnic table from the house.  It even has a cup/beer holder in the arm. 

The pine cones are growing away.  These will pop in April and we will have yellow Loblolly pollen on everything.  They burst during our best weather when it would be nice to have the house open and we can't open because of the pollen.  At least it does not cause bad allergies.

Hey, I have the door open to the porch today!  What better weather can you ask for in February!

I had the pastel class yesterday.  I will get a review out soon.




4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

That looks like a great spot to sketch. And your sketches are fun. One of my friends started doing lots of zentangle art. Your dock sketch reminds me of some of my friend's zentangle - she incorporates the zentangle into scenes - like the way you did the hash marks at the back of your sketch. Pretty neat!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Bag Blog. I have done zentangles for years and called them doodles. Ha. It is a great spot to sketch at this time of year. Later it will be buggy and hot. :(

Jennifer Rose said...

long time to be sketching for that project and to keep blogging after so many people give up :)

great photos and sketches. animals always turn up when you least expect it lol and are not ready for a photo

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I think this Scavenger Hunt sketching keeps me going. When I am in my deepest slumps, I feel guilty if I don't take part. I treat it as my "homework". Ha.

I was watching that heron by the water, but it was against the dry grass and not really visable for a photo, then as you say ... there it was in my shot.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)