Exhibits

Gallery: Art Connections Gallery 908 Main Street, Bastrop Texas 512 581-1799 http://artconnectionsgallerybastrop.com/


See additional work on my website

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Almost the Marine Corps Birthday...

The Marine Corps Birthday is in a few days.  I started thinking about David, our son, and the Marines and Gene, spouse, Air Force, and all our service personnel and thought you might like to show this to the younger folks.

https://www.youtube.com/v/AgYLr_LfhLo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

Thank you, to all our Military and families.

Pastel on Canson Mounted Paper
16 x 20 inches

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

LOVE, LOVE this painting, Jo.
and a beautiful post.

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, thank you so much. I painted this some time ago at our other house. It was our front yard. The tall pines were like sentinels around the flag, so that was the name. I love the red, white and blue. :)

Bag Blog said...

Why am I so behind on my comments? I like the flag in the forest - very nice!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I am so behind, too. Are we related? Ha! That was a neat yard. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. (Link on sidebar) "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill