Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Sketches, Magpies and a Rabbit

Not much going on here.  I did sketch for Scavenger Hunt 369 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356697&page=3   in the regular sketchbook with the Premier Prismacolor 03.  My, that pen has lasted forever.  It has to be at least 2 years old.  It is getting very weak and I have to go over lines, so time to say goodby.  Sigh.....

My latest gifts have been Micron Pens, which I like, too.  So that will be the regular "go to" pens.

Bag of Fun

Micron Pens and Zentangle Books

Sue has been the person to encourage my sketching.  We are always trading sketchbooks.  This time, Sue brought me some Zentangle supplies.  She thought it might get me back to painting if I tried something new.  We shall see.  Thank you, Sue!!

Number 16, from the kitchen.  One of the snack plates.  Very colorful on beige with green rim and colored fruit.
Number 17, chair
Number 18, bag

This is the most I have sketched for a Hunt in a long time.  That must mean we don't have much TV to watch.  Heh, heh.  We have DirecTV but do not have a box for recording.  We do not watch much live TV.

Wildlife except for the ground squirrels has been scarce.  I think the rain maybe.  We have been having rain every night.  I did get these yesterday.

The magpies were plentiful.  It was fun to watch them.  The ground squirrels kept running them off!  Too bad I didn't get a photo of that.


While I was watching the magpies, this rabbit came barreling toward me.  Oops! Saw me and put on the brakes, then had to think what to do next.  He turned and escaped to the road and beyond.

Later we were on the porch talking about having only seen one doe in the last few days and this huge elk cow came right up on the driveway!  She looked at us for a second and then took off the way she came.  We were planning exit strategy but she wasn't after us.  Smile.  No camera!

Gene went in the house and at some point says, "Come and look, there is someone behind the door in our room."

It looks like someone is sitting on the bin, where I have my art supplies, behind the door.  Too funny.

Another cloudy day.  Hopefully we will get in a walk and some painting time.  I did work on the one plein air painting, day before yesterday, but no sun for photos.






2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The zentangle bag looks fun. I am a doodler deluxe.

While sitting outside with some friends in Duncan last week, they had a wild rabbit that kept coming up in the yard and all around us. It was unusual for a rabbit- especially in town. No elk came up. That would have been something!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you will have to look at the Zentangle book and try some. I always doodle, too. I may get some new ideas. Never knew until a couple of years ago that you needed lessons to doodle. Ha.

Interesting on what attracts wildlife, sometimes they are more curious than scared I guess.
Sorry you didn't see an elk!!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)