Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Roadrunner Pair Photos

I think I mentioned that I hadn't seen our resident roadrunner for a few weeks.  Gene told me that he had seen it just a couple of days ago.  Yesterday when Gene arrived from his trike ride of about two hours he came in and said, "Get your camera, the roadrunner is out in the yard."

I did as I was told.  I always do.  And!!  There was a pair of roadrunners.  Very nice.  The one sat on the fence for a few minutes.  I dared not get closer, these are from the back door.  My smile for the day.



I like my sheets dried outside so many years ago when we moved to Bastrop, Gene's brother made us some clothes line poles.  We put them at the other house.  After the fire, Gene dug them up and brought them over here.  We use them regularly.  You may notice the duct tape.  There are holes there for more lines and the wasps like to live in there!  Not good, so Gene plugged the holes with the tape.  :)

Oh, the Longhorns won there game agains Louisville to live on in the tournament.  Every game is win or come home, now.  I think they are over the jitters now, at least they looked like it.   They play UC Irvine again tomorrow night.   Hook 'em Horns!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Very cool about the roadrunners!

Bag Blog said...

Two roadrunners for the price of one!

I love my clothesline. Now if the wind would stop blowing so I could put clothes on it.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, I really like watching the roadrunners, they are predators, though.

Bag Blog, thanks. We had a "too much wind" day the other day. Most of the time I get to use the clothes lines.

Anonymous said...

I would not use the the word predator to describe a roadrunner.

Gene

Jo Castillo said...

Gene, they sound like predators to me as they hunt to eat???? Anyway, we saw them again today and they are fun to watch.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (974) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1795) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)