Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Gift Amendment and Hawks

Happy New Year, again!

Wouldn't you know?  I forgot a couple of gifts in my photo.  I was using them so I couldn't see them!

A nice warm throw and new cup.   This was my gift in the gift exchange at the farm.  Thanks, Quinton.

I missed a couple more things, mainly my mind.  It is missing for sure.

The do pad is a sketchbook for doodles.  Looks like fun.  The book looks interesting.  The bird book in the previous post was actually for Gene.  I picked up the wrong book.  Sigh....   The potato peelers are a necessity.  I did not have a good one.  All three of these work very well.  Thanks, kiddos!


We have a pair of red tail hawks out on our tree in the back yesterday morning.  They are all fluffed up to keep warm I guess.



Times like this I wish I had a fancy camera.  This is my point and shoot Canon.  I much prefer my old Exilim by Casio.

You should check out Marc Hanson's challenge for February.  He did paint four paintings a day in March a few years ago.  Amazing artist.

Marc Hanson's blog
http://marchanson.blogspot.com/

The post with the challenge on a youtube video, one minute and a bit loud, fun:
http://marchanson.blogspot.com/2014/01/coming-soon-leap-into-february-painting.html


Have fun creating this year!!

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Looks like you got some good gifts. I think I need that warm blanket here in OK more than you do in TX.

We have a hawk living nearby and we see him quite often. He isn't a red-tail, but he is still fun to watch. I like it when he screams, too.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I think you need a blanket, not mine! Ha. I'm thinking maybe we need to go farther south, we are having a cold weekend.

The hawks are fun to watch. They scatter the other birds and I like the screams, too.

Joanna said...

I wish I'd been there to see the hawks in person!

Jo Castillo said...

Right, Joanna. I wish you had been here with your camera.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)