Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 20, 2013

New Artwork, Not Mine

We have some new artwork on the wall.  I say not mine, but we do own them, so guess they are mine ... and Gene's.

Before the big Bastrop fire in September 2011, our walls were covered with art.  We had paintings, sculptures, mirrors, grass skirts, bows and arrows, spurs, molas and much more hanging. Very few of my paintings, in fact, mine were just in my studio on one wall.  Now my art hangs around the house.  We are slowly collecting again.  I thought you might like to see some.

 From top left to right, Longhorn by Tommy Byrd, Cattle by Mike Henderson, Moody Day by Jo Castillo and the Farrier by Jim Griffin.  The longhorn and the farrier are the new ones.  Super nice.

 I stepped back a little so you can see the area better.

My paintings on the wall in a proper place.  Ha.  This is my studio work table at the moment.  You can see I've been wrapping and not painting.

That is the way it goes, and now I'm procrastinating, right?  I hope you are ready for the hollidays.  We will have a big family gathering.  I need to be busy and not on the computer.   Ciao!

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Wall space is great for artists. I like the longhorn and farrier. Jesse did some longhorn prints - did you see them on her FB page?

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I am inspired by the work of others. Tommy does such great ink and graphite work. Jim I "know" from wetcanvas. The drawing reminds me of my Dad, though my Dad usually had his hat on.

Joan Tavolott said...

Good to see that you have some new artwork to hang. It looks great!

Joanna said...

I like the new art.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, surprise! I like the new art, too. :)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)