Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Chimayo Sketch and Photos

For the last few years we have celebrated my birthday and sort of Gene's birthday in Chimayo at the Hacienda de Chimayo Bed and Breakfast and had our dinner at the  Rancho de Chimayo Restaurante.  It is such a beautiful setting.  There is no phone, internet or TV.  Imagine that!

We won't be in New Mexico for my birthday so we decided to celebrate a couple of months early.  My birthday celebrations get longer every year.  We will be in Arkansas for my birthday.  I'm sure we will find a neat place to celebrate there, too.

I did a last sketch for this Scavenger Hunt #319.  From our balcony Number 3, planter and Number 4, plant.  I liked the sketch more before I added the color.  I used markers and they obliterated some of my nice lines.  Oh well.



A few photos from our stay:


The front room which was our room and the balcony where I sketched.

The patio toward the sun early in the morning.
I found these little copas de vino at Smith's Grocery Store, 187 ml. about 6 oz.  They were by the cream cheese.  Go figure.  They are sealed with aluminum and then a plastic lid.  Pretty cute, I couldn't resist.  They were $2.99 each, a bit pricey when we pay eleven dollars for the 5 liter boxes.  Fun and now we have a couple of plastic travel wine glasses.

 Our breakfast corner of the patio.
Our continental breakfast, looks pretty.
Hollyhocks are like New Mexico geraniums.  I love them and they feel "homey".


I take so many photos of the beautiful skies here.  I just picked a couple.

The beautiful sunset last night here in Albuquerque.

This morning about 6:00 a.m.  We had a sprinkle that was dry in thirty minutes.  It smelled good for a while.  I had my coffee out in the back.

Tomorrow is Independence Day and a  Happy Birthday to Joanna!  I wish I was in Austin for her birthday, I don't know how we ended up staying here an extra week.  I hope she has a wonderful day!

They interviewed people in the paper about what tomorrow means to them.  "A four day weekend!"  So sad how our freedom and independence is taken for granted!  Happy Birthday USA!



2 comments:

Joanna said...

Love those photos of the skies.

And, I think the sketch looks great.

I'm sure I'll have a great day tomorrow. Thanks. :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I always think of you and Mom when there is a great sunset .. Or sunrise. Getting close to your B-Day!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (131) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (978) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1802) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)