Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hunting and Photos

"Hunting?" you say.  Well, Scavenger Hunting on wetcanvas.com

I've been taking part in the Hunts for 7 years plus.  Yikes!  It has been good for me and I have met come great artists around the world.

I haven't been doing much art as you know, but I managed a quick sketch for Scavenger Hunt 319 while waiting for Gene at the end of his bicycle ride.  I sketched in the Canson sketchbook with a Prismacolor Premier 05.

Number 1, landscape - the end of the trail.



The Sandia Mountains here in Albuquerque again on one of our clear days.

We went to Grants to see my sister.  I have posted similar photos from this drive.  The bluffs and rocks are so pretty.

A view of Laguna Pueblo.  It is one of the most photographed pueblos, I bet.

 This area is especially nice to look at.

There are soooooo many trains.  My sister says one about ever 10 minutes or so through Grants.


And the Ladrones again from Interstate 40 toward Magdalena. You know I can't pass up the Ladrones.   It was a bit hazy with the smoke and dust to the south.  It is so dry that a little breeze picks up the dust.  Makes for brown days.

Manuel and George are putting up a patio deck cover here.  They are working in this heat!  Roger is roofing in Arizona, too.  Temps over 100.  Not nice.  It will be nice to have some shade in the back.




4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You have to be a true New Mexican to enjoy that rugged scenery. I always think of the Real West when we travel through NM and wonder what the pioneers must have thought.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. It does make you wonder about the pioneers. No water or much grass. Hmmmm, I do love the high desert.

Joanna said...

Gorgeous sky in that Sandia Mts. photo!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, the sky was one of the reasons I picked that photo. Beautiful skies here. Thanks.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)