Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hunting 313 and Wildflower Photos, etc.

Why haven't I posted these sketches??  I sketched in my studio with a Pilot ball point pen the other day.  Sketching with the ball point pen is a bit different as you press harder.  The ink marker/pens just glide over the paper.  It is always good to do things a bit differently.  It gets you off of your auto-pilot and wakes you up a bit.

Number 9, heavy - weights
Number 10, light - the sheers in my studio
Number 11, hanger - the clear hook on my door

I When I got my new Canon Power Shot camera,  I decided to add insurance as I have not been the gentlest person with my cameras.  When I went to verify it, I found that I had insurance on the Casio which would expire in June.  I corresponded with Square Trade Warranty Services about my Casio not working.  They authorized me to send it in.  I got a full refund, plus 5% if I got an Amazon Gift Card.  I did that since we use Amazon so much.  So the refund almost paid for my new Camera.  I had forgotten I had the insurance.  Wow, how nice is that?

I have been trying the new camera.  It is very nice.  Compact and easy to use.  It comes on very fast, which I need for taking photos out the window.  You can click on the photos to see them larger.


These yellow flowers grow in the yard.  They open up just in the mornings.  Interesting and pretty.

These seem to be morning flowers, too.  They don't live very long.


These thistles grow along the road where we walk.  I like the butterfly.

Nettles are so beautiful, but oh how they sting and make a rash!  Ouch!




We saw several more animals this morning.  Was the roadrunner building a nest or having brunch? Hmm.


The sunrise and sunset on Mother's Day.  I took the sunrise and Larry took the sunset with my camera.

Larry also took these pebbles on the fence post after he took the sunset.  It was very dark, but my camera has a setting for that I see.  He took several of us sitting on the porch.  I won't post those, we were too relaxed.  Ha.

Larry also left my Mother's Day bear like this when he left.  Aw, Larry.


6 comments:

Joanna said...

The white "morning flowers" are called day lilies or rain lilies. Gene Mear loved them. I always notice them because of that.

And: oh, Larry! :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I think maybe you mentioned that to me before about the day lilies. Smile. And a smile for Larry, too.

Barbara Pask said...

Hi there Jo, Great to see you are still busy sketching, sorry I haven't by in a while. I have a Canon Power Shot also, bought it several years ago when I read that was the camera Karin Jurick used. I love it. My best photos are out the window driving by at like 65mph, lol Of course I am the passenger, lol

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Barbara! Thanks for commenting. So far I am pleased with the little camera. I had 5 of the Casio Exilim before. I really liked them, so fast and easy. The latest one, though, was quick to come on, but slow between shots. Anyway, nice to see you. :)

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Wow!! That sunset was amazing!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Regina, the sunsets here are super. Joanna and Larry were both out there snapping away. I didn't see hers except on the camera. Bet they were nice, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)