Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sketching 310 and Photos

Ahhh, lovely rain this morning.  I sketched out on the porch with my feet up, a cup of coffee and my rice cake a la peanut butter, cream cheese and raisins.  It has rained for about 4 hours, nice and soft and we have about .7 of an inch so far.  Yay.  The wildflowers are looking good.



Number 1, thumb pointing at me.   Number 2, paper money.   Number 3, landscape.  These are with a Micron 01 pen in my regular sketchbook.

Number 4, coffee grounds.  I used my iPad and the Brushes App with as few "undo"s as possible, trying to simulate sketching with a pen.

A few photos of things catching my fancy.....

This little lizard was on the steps as Sue and I came up from the Bastrop Riverwalk the other day.  He was liking the sun.

This cloudy look is the wildflowers this morning in the rain.  They are all closed up.  The pink thing is a little flag marker .. not a flower.

Our neighborhood longhorn.  Sure is well fed and muscular.



These are Great American White Pelicans, we believe.  They roosted or rested overnight on our little lake last week when Sue was here.  Our bird book says they usually stop in groups of about ten.  There were a few hundred there that morning.  They lifted off and flew around the lake and took off.  A once in a blue moon sight to see.

 If you all haven't been reading and taking part in  wetcanvas.com, you should have a look.  There is a forum and discussion for any form of art you can think of.  Lots of artists with comments, instruction and fun.  One of my sketching buddies, Joan T, lives in New York and sketches year round, outside, inside, at restaurants, museums and more.  Her sketches and watercolors are beautiful and full of life.  She has several sketching blogs up and running.  You can start your trip on her watercolor blog.

Sketching in a journal is a great way to keep a diary and remembrances of your life. My blog is the closest thing to a diary or journal that I have ever done.  It has been good for me.  Have you got a blog?  I hope so.






3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm glad you got some rain. We got a bit too, but we also got cold weather with our rain.

Great pics - the birds are cool. I would love to have a longhorn in my back yard.

As always, your sketches are fun. Your friend Joan has a nice blog, I marked it for future perusal. It was inspirational, which I need. The idea of a sketch-crawl sounds like lots of fun.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, It is supposed to be in the 40s tonight. Crazy weather, eh?

Joan is so interesting and an inspiration to us all. She gets in so much sketching time. She often sketches all 26 Scavenger Hunt items along with all her other work. I get in 12 or so when I'm really sketching, usually about 5. I always intend to do the sketchcrawl and never do. Sigh.....

Joanna said...

The pelican visit is very VERY cool!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)