Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, November 12, 2012

Hunting Red, etc.


Scavenger Hunt 290 is about to end.  I don’t know how the days are flying by.  It does seem to be true that it flies faster when you get older, but I’m not ready!

I sketched out on the porch which may be the last early morning for a while as it was 46 degrees out there this morning and I am not ready for that either.

 
Number 8, favorite color -  red, after blue of course. I sketched Gene’s shop for the red. I really like red, white and blue together.
Number 9, something alive - the trees and grass

I sketched for the Southwest and Western Forum’s Quick Draw.  I usually don’t participate in this event as it is sketching from photos.  After sketching and painting from life, I have a difficult time with photos but since I love windmills,  I would try a quick one on the iPad.  I did it a bit too quickly, but it was fun.



Another sketch I did for Cole’s birthday card.  Ah, Cole is our grandson.



I will share a few photos, too.

The sunrise was beautiful.


A bit later the sky was lovely.


The trees are starting to change colors here and there.  It takes a special year to get beautiful fall colors here.  I think it gets cold too slowly and the trees get confused, starting to change, then stopping and starting.  This is a slow year.


And for my art link:


Bastrop, Texas, has an app for your iPhone or iPad available in the app store.   I couldn't make a link to it, but it is under Travel, Local apps. It has art, shopping, dining, events, music, etc.

For other smart phones here is a link, hope it works well:

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I like all three sketches a lot! :-)

(Playing catch-up today.)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. Seems like we are both catching up. Hugs.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)