Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sketch and Stuff

We are in Albuquerque. We both have colds and I spent yesterday in bed. Did absolutely nothing.

On the 19th we were in Reserve, New Mexico. I sketched on my iPad in my favorite position for sketching, with my feet propped up. The usual tools, my fingers on Brushes on my iPad. About twenty minutes.

Number 1, two shoes kissing - mine.

We are heading home. It is sad and happy. I would have loved to be I'm my own bed yesterday! We will miss the adventures of traveling. Of course we will be traveling more before too long. It's in our blood. We didn't stay long in most places so I won't miss the packing and unpacking.

We have a Ford Expedition for traveling. It is a great car, comfortable and good gas mileage for a huge vehicle. We had planned on driving to Alaska. Our first trip in it was to Houston, about 160 miles. We had to stop and take a nap as we both got sleepy at the same time. We decided it would take three years to get to Alaska. We did make it to Montana and Canada, etc., without too many naps. Ha.

We are lookong forward to seeing our "kids" back in Texas. They are adults now and take care of us. It will be great to be in our home and make use of the screened in porch. I'm anxious to use my studio more and really put it to use.

More down the road.

 

 

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Ah, the mixed feelings of being on the road. I always look forward to getting home, but I love my time away.

I love the kissing shoes. Hope you get to feeling better.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks so much. We ate at some of our favorite places and visited family so a last stop in Albuquerque is always good. We are feeling better to hit the road this morning.

Anonymous said...

There is rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday. YEA!!! Plus they are saying cooler temperatures. It has been in the low 90's --which IMO is still too high. I am glad you both had a big adventure. Do get home safely. Take care.
Judi Vreeland

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Judi, thanks for stopping by. We are coming home a little early. I hope the rain materializes and we bring cooler weather. See you soon.

Joanna said...

Good to have you home. :-) Hugs...

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, good to be home and nice to see you and be with you!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)