Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, November 11, 2011

Sketches and Puny Rainbow

This morning I sketched a little here at the table this morning.  I imagined I was on the new porch with my feet propped up.  Sigh.....  Of course at that time it was about 40 degrees so I really wouldn't have been out on the porch.  It is 73 now at 2 p.m.

The first is for wetcanvas, November Challenge on the Southwest and Western Art Forum.  I sketched with a Pilot ball point pen in the brown paper sketchbook.  The second two are for Scavenger Hunt 245 also on wetcanvas.com.  I have to say that joining wetcanvas has kept me sketching.  Check it out sometime, something for every artist and every genre or medium.

The reference photos for the November challenge were provided by Don from Minnesota.  There are some beautiful photos in this challenge.  The member artists have posted some great paintings, too.  This was  along the San Juan in New Mexico.  I wanted to try the water in pen and ink.  I need practice on that!

I couldn't use this sketch for the Scavenger Hunts as it is from a photo.  Sketches on the Hunts have to be from life.

Number 1, curves - the valance over a window here in the RV.  Number 2, angles - many of those looking up at the cabinets.

The last opportunity for rain here passed by unnoticed the other day.  It was cloudy, windy and warm most of the day.  I looked out once and caught a glimpse of this rainbow so went for the camera.  I guess since it wouldn't rain it would only give us a little puny rainbow.  Shucks.  The sky looked like it would rain, very pretty clouds.









2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow. Like that first sketch!

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joanna. I don't have many occasions to sit and sketch water, especially moving water. This photo was an interesting challenge. I should try water again and take a little more time.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)