Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Link to Deb Pero

I forgot to post a link to an artist for you to check out on my earlier blog.  I have been corresponding with Deb Pero in Jemez Springs, New Mexico, via wet canvas in the Southwest Forum.  She is a wonderful knowledgeable artist.  Deb's blog post the other day has some random thoughts on painting,  offering some very good advice. 

It is always good to review the reasons for doing things when painting.  Sometimes we do them without thinking and sometimes we get ahead of ourselves.  You might try some of Deb's ideas.  You may learn something and come out ahead in the process.  Thanks, Deb.  I particularly liked being reminded about hard and soft edges.  I always need help on value, too.

Another hint from me:  I have a hard time reading white print on black, so I read blogs on NetNewsWire.  You can subscribe to your favorites, read, comment, sort and skip blogs without leaving your reader, all in black on white.  (I'm surprised when I click on the page and it is white on black.)  I read many, so this really helps save time and my eyes.  There are many other reader options, like Google Reader.  Much better than going blog to blog.   Have fun!  Oh, and come back by here.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Learned something new recently. On a Mac, type control-option-command-8 and it will invert your entire screen. So, if you're looking at a page with white text on black background, type the key combo and get black text on white background. It will also mess up the other colors but you just type the key combo again to switch back.

Jo Castillo said...

Thank you, Joanna!! I do find it so hard to read white on black. An easy solution. Big hugs for that!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)