Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gallery/Studio Closing Reminder

Just a reminder that my last day at my gallery will be on March 31, Thursday.  It is a happy sad occasion. I am sad to leave downtown where I get such energy from the visitors and other artists.  On the other hand, I am so happy to be retired again from running a business. I'm definitely not retiring from my art work.   Gene and I can do spur of the moment things and not worry about what is going to happen at the gallery.


Judy Hawes moved her jewelry to Deborah Johnson's gallery just down Main Street across from Maxines in the Bridges Building and will be available there on occasion.  You can find Judy on Wednesday afternoons painting and instructing at the Bastrop Senior Center.

I hope to see you at the gallery the next few days.

I will have a few pieces of my artwork hanging in the Bastrop Fine Arts Guild, the same address as my gallery.  The Guild is taking the space so the building will continue to be all art!

You can always find new work on my web page and blog. My home studio will be open by appointment or on special occasions.   I will be around Bastrop and turn up just like an old penny.  :-)

Oh, the Austin Pastel Reception was very nice on Sunday.  Some beautiful pieces are there, you need to go see the art, the winners and the exhibit.  Information and slideshow on the Austin Pastel Society website.

5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Happy re-retirement.

Joanna said...

"I will be around Bastrop and turn up just like an old penny. :-)"

Mom, you make me laugh. Hugs...

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks so much. We will still be very busy, but no schedule. Heh.

Joanna, I hope I bring a smile once in a while! Thanks.

Teresa said...

Gosh, Jo, I have gotten really behind, haven't I? Sorry/glad(!) to hear you're closing your gallery. Sounds like freedom is beckoning you.

Hugs!
T (who is steadily on the mend :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Teresa, so so glad to hear from you. Glad you are getting better, too. Gene is mending, too. He is a little better every day. Thanks for coming by! And yes, fun to be free. (Wish I had done that twenty or thirty years ago!)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)