Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Austin Pastel Society Annual Juried Members Show

It is that time of year again!  The Austin Pastel Society Annual Juried Members Show is being held from March 7 to April 30, 2011, at the Corridor of Art, 700 Lavaca, Austin, Texas.  The reception with awards will be on Sunday, March 27 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.    There is free parking in the parking garage at 8th and Guadalupe for the reception and you can enter the Corridor of Art from the garage.

The juror this year is Liz Haywood-Sullivan, PSA.  I have signed up for a workshop with her on March 12 - 13.  I look forward to the workshop at the Windberg Art Center in Georgetown, Texas.  I should learn and have a great time.

You can visit the Austin Pastel Society website to view the entries that have been accepted for the show.

My pastel painting, Summer Aspens, was accepted.  I am very pleased to have my painting selected from the wonderful paintings and artists that are in the Society.  The show is better every year.


Summer Aspens,  13 x 10 inches on Colourfix sanded paper.
The painting has a forest green mat and a brown oak frame.

You can read about the painting here on my blog.  It was a quick plein air study, really, but I liked it so much I framed it.  I think that my plein air work is fresher and not overworked.  I don't over think the "rules" of painting.  I know these things and do them more automatically when painting quickly to outrun the light.

I hope you can come to the reception to see these beautiful paintings in such a nice setting.


4 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

I love this painting Jo. The wonderful mix of colors and the composition is perfect. Those yellows sing.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Barb, thank you so much. It is nice when a painting just happens. No thinking and a quick plein air.

Joanna said...

I like this painting. Why don't I remember seeing it before? August wasn't *that* long ago, was it? :-)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I don't know why you don't remember. We are definitely related!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (104) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (983) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1806) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (14) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)