Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Art Note and Texas Baseball Hosts Regionals

I went to the studio today and painted on two little pastels of balloons in Albuquerque. It rained all day so I didn't get a photo.

It was super quiet with very few walk in visitors. I did quite a bit of work that way. First I changed out my window display which involved moving several paintings around and the jewelry. I moved all my small paintings, Jo's Notions, to one shelf. They had been mixed in with the cafepress stuff and the jewelry, etc. I decided the original paintings need their own spot. I will make a sign for them as well.

I cleaned the window and swept. I cannot believe how many cigarrette butts are left on the sidewalk. Smokers do not think cigarettes are trash I guess.

I also painted the back of some Masonite boards. I only had black paint there, so they are black. It doesn't matter, it is just to seal the backs. I will then put on gesso and get them ready for either acrylic or oil painting. I had to put my pastels away so I could use the table so I also straightened up the shelves in my storeroom.

I brought home two paintings and some frames for Gene to change around. He has been busy with framing and re-framing for the show in New Mexico.

Tomorrow evening is the First Friday art event in Bastrop. There is no art in my near future, though!

This weekend is the NCAA Regional Tournaments for the beginning of the Road to Omaha for the College World Series. Texas is hosting Rider, LA Lafayette and Rice. The first game tomorrow is LA Lafayette and Rice. Texas and Rider play in the evening. It is a very exciting time for the team and fans. Rice should be the toughest opponent of the three. They have really been hitting the ball! Last year the Saturday game for Texas went 25 innings for an all time record. We were out for a looooooong time that day. You can check my post about it here.


The crowds were big last year. It is supposed to be near 100 degrees F. as well. Ouch! Well, now they are saying 93 degrees, big difference, right? It will be humid after raining all night last night and today. We will simmer.... I hope the day goes well and the Horns win in a regular, fast, nine inning game! Hook 'em Horns!

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (205) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (971) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1790) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)