Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, December 11, 2009

Hunting Bottles and Reveling

I found a couple of unusual bottles for Scavenger Hunt 157. They were given to us by David's mother-in-law. They are Jim Beam bottles. Very cool.

Number 8 and 9 or 9 and 10. I lost count as I wasn't numbering them so I can double up and use them for the Art House Sketchbook Project. The numbers do not matter as I never finish a Hunt anyway. The 57 Chevy is for "car" on the Hunt and the genie bottle is for "bottle" on the Hunt. I used a Prismacolor pen 03 and colored pencils. The paper is just too thin for the Prismacolor brush pens and angled ones.

The back of the car is too short. I even presketched with a pencil which is something I never do. I guess I changed some of the sketch as I went and made the convertible top carrier too long or something. Ah me. Looks like the front axle is broken, too. So sad.

Still, sketching is sketching and I almost enjoy it lately. My art energy has been low. Tomorrow night we are going to Revel it up and that may help! We are going to Austin for the Revel Christmas Concert. Joel Becktell has purchased some paintings so we need to go have a listen and party some. The concerts sound like fun. Maybe we will see you there!

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jo: Neat sketch of the 57 Chevy bottle, I knew it immediately.

Jo Castillo said...

fishing guy, I thought those of us that are "older" might remember! Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)